Stuffed chicken > regular chicken! 😳❤
SUN-DRIED TOMATO & SPINACH–STUFFED CHICKEN
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Olive oil, drizzle
Pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
½ cup mozzarella
2 ounces of baby spinach
½ cup sundried tomatoes
2 cups marinara
4 ounces baby spinach
4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F/190˚C.
2. With a knife, carefully cut a slit in the side of the chicken making sure to not cut all the way through.
3. Season the chicken breasts with olive oil, pepper, and salt.
4. Stuff each chicken breast with a clove of garlic, ¼ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, and 1 ounce of baby spinach. (You may use toothpicks to close the ingredients inside the chicken breasts if desired, just remember to remove them!)
5. In a cast-iron skillet, sear chicken on medium-high heat until all sides are browned.
Continue baking in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165˚F/75˚C. Set aside.
6. Heat marinara and spinach in the cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat until spinach is wilted.
7. Serve chicken on top of whole wheat pasta and spinach marinara sauce.